SERVICE AND VOLUNTEER PROGRAM
Volunteer for 3-12 months through our Service and Volunteer Program.
For those interested in integrating yoga and service, the Art of Living Retreat Center invites you to apply for a program that’s rich in outward giving and inner discovery. Find the freedom promised in seva, or selfless service. Volunteers play a key role in our goal of providing a retreat center for guests to rest, rejuvenate, learn, and grow in a community of celebration and diversity.
We come to realize that the true measure of our lives is not how much we have gained for ourselves, but how much we have given. —Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
Volunteers contribute at least 35 hours of service per week in the following fields:
- Guest Services
- Program Coordinator
- Facilities and Grounds
- Content Development
- Culinary Assistance and Dining Services
- Trails and Forestry
- Organic Farm and Garden
- Spa Therapy
While not doing service, volunteers engage in other great activities like:
- Adventurous Hiking
- Meditative Chant
- Yoga and Meditation sessions
Inward Bound volunteers
After successfully completing 3 months of the program, graduates can join in an Art of Living Happiness Retreat. The Happiness Retreat fees are waived for those who complete the 3-month period. Also, the Art of Meditation retreat is available at a discounted rate to participants new to meditation.
Housing and food and other details.
How to Apply
- Please apply though the online application form here, which includes the $35 application fee.
- An interview will be scheduled with a program lead after 2 weeks of your service to review whether the program is a good fit for you and the community, after which point a participant will be invited to extend their stay. Permanent positions will be reviewed on an individual basis.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. Preference will be given to applications on a first come, first-reviewed basis, with preference given to those who can commit for longer periods. A minimum period of 3 months is requested. Please expect a reply within seven working days.
Sample Day for Volunteers
|7:30||Kirtan and Meditation|
Volunteers are asked to attend group practice to maximize the center experience, Wednesday–Friday mornings. Some duties start and end at different times, or have a different rotation of on and off days, such as three days on, one day off. Volunteers have one full day off from the schedule (usually Tuesday) weekly.
Questions? Contact us at 800.392.6870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.