There is a powerful connection between your emotions, intuition, and empathy. The magic comes when you learn how to tap into each of them to fully access your sensitivities without going on overload or becoming drained.
This workshop, based on Dr. Orloff’s new book, The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People, will offer practical skills to help everyone, including, healthcare practitioners, increase their empathy and intuition to improve the quality of their lives and clinical practice. Dr. Orloff passionately believes that the future of medicine lies in using intuition to access deeper insight, empathy, and greater wellness.
Participants will learn how to:
- Access intuition & empathy and recognize what blocks them
- Tell the difference between intuition and fear
- Identify if you’re an empath and/or highly sensitive person
- Use strategies to prevent sensory overload which can lead to addictions, overeating, anxiety and exhaustion
- Avoid emotional hangovers & compassion fatigue
- Stop absorbing other people’s stress
- Combat narcissists & other energy vampires
- Express your empathic needs in relationships
- Heal with intuition and empathy
- Use oracle cards to receive intuitive guidance
- Read the body language of friends, family, co-workers and clients
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Apply techniques to connect to your intuition and empathy when working
2. Discuss the traits of an empath with your clients and strategies to help
them manage their sensitivities.
3. Utilize techniques to protect your energy so as not to take on your client’s
4. Observe demonstrations of different types of body language and detecting
subtle areas of discomfort.
5. Practice methods to replenish your energy to avoid emotional hangovers
and compassion fatigue.
CE Hours Available
This course has been approved for 10 CE hours for qualified participants. To learn how and where to apply, click HERE.
Dr. Judith Orloff, a UCLA-trained psychiatrist, NY Times best-selling author and an empath herself, will show you how to awaken your intuition and empathy to enhance your health, work, relationships, resilience as a parent, and emotional & physical well-being. Nurturing your sensitivities yet staying grounded, allows you to model for others how to be sensitive, heart-centered, and strong, a way to positively change your life and the planet.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
Friday, April 12th
3:00 pm – Check-in
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm – Dinner
7:00 pm – 7:20 pm – AOLRC Orientation – MANDATORY FOR ALL GROUPS
7:30 pm – 9:00 pm – Program Session
Saturday, April 13th
7:30 am – 8:30 am – Morning Meditation/Yoga/Fitness
8:30 am – 9:30 am – Breakfast
9:30 am – 12:30 pm– Program Session
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm – Lunch
2:30 pm – 4:30 pm– Program Session
4:30 pm – 7:30 pm – Free Time*
6:00 pm – 7:30 pm – Dinner
7:30 pm – 8:15pm – Meditative Chant — Kirtan (optional)
Sunday, April 14th
7:00 am – 8:00 am – Morning Meditation/Yoga/Fitness
8:00 am – 8:45 am – Breakfast
9:30 am -11:30 am– Program Session
11:00 am – Check-out (luggage may be stored at reception)
12:00 pm – Lunch is included in your stay this day!
Optional Saturday Activities
Guided Nature Walk
1:30-2:30pm or 3-4pm
2-3pm, 3-4pm or 4-5pm
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest, high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS—it will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.