Everything is connected—physical fitness is rooted in spiritual health—but we often nurture our body and soul through separate avenues of practice. Incorporating the Divine into your everyday practice can bring more satisfaction, happiness, and health to your life.
Six-time Ironman world champion Mark Allen and world-renowned shaman and healer Brant Secunda lead an extraordinary weekend based on their award-winning book Fit Soul, Fit Body: 9 Keys to a Healthier, Happier You. Mark and Brant integrate universal principles of modern health with ancient indigenous wisdom for empowerment and lifelong balance. Through experiential sessions, you’ll explore the soul-body connection and the emotional and physical obstacles that stand in the way of your good health and spiritual fitness.
During this weekend of lecture, spiritual practices, inspirational storytelling, ceremony, and outdoor activity, you’ll learn
- How to utilize sustainable physical practice for greater awareness of inner physiology
- Mindful eating habits for lifelong health
- Guided journeys and visionary meditation to connect with the life force of nature and help transform fear, anger, and jealousy
- Specific visionary methods to know, set, and embark upon the quest toward your goals.
Experience fitness, health, and spirituality in an intimate setting and take home specific techniques and tools to utilize in your everyday life and a clear roadmap to a healthier, happier you.
Items to Bring Comfortable walking/running shoes for an outdoor heart-rate session.
This program is accessible to anyone and designed to be useful for people from all walks of life and any physical/spiritual capacity.
Brant Secunda is a world-renowned shaman, healer, and spiritual teacher in the indigenous Huichol tradition. He is a co-founder of the American Herbalist Guild and the Humanistic Medicine Conference with the World Health Organization and co-founded the Peace University with president Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu, and other international dignitaries. …
Mark Allen is a six-time Hawaii Ironman Triathlon World Champion. Outside Magazine named him “The World’s Fittest Man” and he was voted “The Greatest Endurance Athlete of All Time” in a worldwide poll conducted by ESPN. …
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of checkout. (Rates below are per person.)
Fit Soul Fit Body
September 10–12, 2021
Your Program Session Times (subject to change)
Friday 7:30–9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am–12:30 pm; 2:30–5:30 pm; 8:00–9:00 pm
Sunday 9:30–11:30 am (Room check-out is 11 am; Luggage can be held at reception)
All times are Eastern Standard Time (EST) unless otherwise noted.
4:00 pm Check-in begins; Rooms are ready by 4:00 pm, but if you arrive early we will hold your luggage at Reception.
6:00–7:00 pm Dinner
7:00–7:20 pm Guest Orientation Session (Venue: Dining Hall)
Dining Hours Purna Dining Hall
7:30–9:30 am Breakfast
12:00–1:30 pm Lunch
6:00–7:30 pm Dinner
Apart from the activities in your program schedule, we offer the following optional complementary activities. (Please join only if your program schedule permits.)
9:45–10:45 am Yoga | Sattva Studio | Thu–Sun
11:00 am–12:00 pm Mind & Meditation | Sattva Studio | Thu–Sun
1:30–2:15 pm Guided Hike | Assemble at Shankara Reception | Sat
2:30–3:45 pm Ayurveda Cooking Class* | Tulsi Kitchen
Thu: Sweet Treats • Sat: Chef’s Seasonal Recipe
4:15–5:15 pm Yoga | Sattva Studio | Wed–Sat
5:30–6:00 pm Guided Meditation | Sattva Studio | Wed–Sat
7:30–8:15 pm Meditative Chants/Kirtan | Sattva Studio | Wed–Sat
Saturday kirtan is outdoor by the bonfire; weather permitting.
*Included with Wellness Escapes and R&R; Other participants: $35.00/per person
10:00 am–6:00 pm Saturday
Clay Handbuilding $30.00 (1 hour)
Throwing Wheel $45.00 (2 hours)
Shankara Ayurveda Wellness Appointments (Additional Cost)
Hours: 9:00 am–6:30 pm daily
We invite you to also make reservations for consultations, therapies, and treatments at our award-winning Shankara Ayurveda Wellness prior to arrival in order to ensure availability. Please call 828-264-8382 for details.
Actual schedules and venues may vary; please confirm with Front Desk upon check-in.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, North Carolina 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in our tranquil sanctuary set amidst 380 pristine acres high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Boone, North Carolina—the perfect place to begin your journey to wellness.
On-Campus Program FAQs
For room reservations, Ayurveda Wellness Retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.