Removing the barriers to a life of vitality, joy, and fulfillment
The stresses and challenges facing women today take a heavy toll, both physically and emotionally. Some of the effects of our stress, like aches, pains, and fatigue, are all too apparent. But there are also other hidden stressors that limit a woman’s freedom to be herself and prevent her from achieving her full potential.
This workshop aims to free you from both the obvious and hidden effects of stress on your life. In this program you will:
- Learn yoga postures and breathing techniques you can use anywhere to revitalize yourself
- Learn how to identify and overcome the barriers to reaching your full potential
- Understand how your hormones affect your wellness
- Learn the basics of Ayurveda
- Understand the Ayurvedic perspective of menarchy to menopause
- Learn to navigate transitions using recipes, mudras, marma points, and practical processes
- Celebrate womanhood through a holistic perspective
Throughout this program, you will discover the power of yoga to navigate life with grace and ease.
Kimberly Rossi has a lifetime of healthy living to share with you. As a young teen, she learned that poor habits lead to poor health, and she made an early choice to follow a healthy lifestyle and became a balance seeker. Her resulting confidence, clarity and openness have created an interesting personal and professional path in health and well-being.
She has completed the 500 hour Yoga Teacher Training from Kripalu Center in Lenox, MA in 1998, the Ayurvedic Health Counselor Certification with Kripalu School of Ayurveda in 2004, and the 500 hour Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training with the Kundalini Research Institute in Espanola, NM. More than that, she has a deep daily practice in yoga and meditation for almost twenty years, teaches and shares the wisdom, and continues to be a student. She has a deep gratitude to the Ancient Sciences of Yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, and Ayurveda as she believes these are the secrets for being happy, healthy, and whole.
Her professional career has been leading wellness based businesses, in four and five star destinations, for over twenty years, across the country, in Europe, and the Caribbean. Currently, she is the Director of Business Development at the Art of Living Retreat Center and Shankara Ayurveda Spa, in Boone NC.
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest, high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS—it will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.