Delicious Energy Workshop
Raw food diets have been around since the 1800’s and have gained in popularity over the last few decades. The variations in raw food diets make this a particularly healthy choice for individuals who are interested in making food choices that are based around their body’s individual needs. During this workshop you will have the opportunity to explore what raw foods can help you to lead a better, healthier life. Through sharing sessions, guided meditation, group interaction, and practicing yoga and breathing techniques, you can begin your journey towards a healthier lifestyle.
What To Expect When You Attending A Raw Food Program
Whether you are ready to transition fully to a raw food diet, or are just beginning to explore adding more raw fruits and vegetables to your diet, this workshop can deliver a number of benefits. During the program you will be able to:
- Explore how cooking can directly impact the nutrients found within different foods.
- Discover a balanced way to eat more raw foods on a daily basis.
- Learn about raw superfoods that can help to boost immunity and heal your body.
- Bring home raw food recipes after preparing delicious recipes during the workshop.
- Take a dosha quiz to better understand the types of food that your body needs to become more healthy and balanced.
- Practice at-home yoga and breathing techniques that are specifically designed to strengthen your digestive system.
- Return to your natural state of balance and inner peace with proven mindfulness and meditation techniques.
- For an additional cost, receive a pulse assessment to more intimately know your body’s constitution and what food choices are right for you. Please contact the spa reception at 828-264-8382 to reserve this additional service.
Dr. Poornima is a certified yoga instructor and Health Coach with a Ph.D. in Foods & Nutrition and a special focus on obesity, diabetes, and iron deficiency. As a Health Coach, Poornima has had the pleasure of helping individuals from all walks of life take part in empowerment programs that leverage breathing techniques, yoga, and meditation to reduce stress and promote healthier lifestyles. She is also a RYT-200 certified yoga and meditation teacher with the Art of Living and looks forward to helping people focus on eating well, living well, and embracing mindful living to enjoy both positive inner transformations and outer dynamism.
“It gives me immense joy to share the gifts of meditation, breathing practices, yoga, wholesome living and timeless wisdom I have been fortunate to receive; it is extremely rewarding to see how the practices and processes bring such inner transformation & outer dynamism in everyone’s life in such a short time.”
Rooms & Pricing
All options include daily vegetarian meals from dinner on the night of check-in through lunch on the day of check-out. (Rates below are Per Person)
Private Hotel Room
The private hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Hotel Room (2 People)
The shared hotel room features either a king bed or two full beds, a flat screen TV, a refrigerator, private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Private Retreat Room
The private retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi.
Shared Retreat Room (2 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. One other person of the same gender will share the room with you.
Shared Retreat Room (3 People)
The shared retreat room has twin beds, a private bath and complimentary wifi. Up to two more people of the same gender will share the room with you.
Friday, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Session 1: Introduction; Orientation; What is Raw Food? The History of the Raw Food Revolution; How Raw Foods can be used to nourish the body and promote healing.
Saturday, 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Session 2: Western and Eastern Perspective about Raw Foods. Raw foods based on body constitution (Western Perspective blood type, Eastern Perspective, Vata, Pitta, Kapha) and seasons; Experimenting with Raw foods- hands-on experience; Recipes based on body constitution
Sunday, 9:30 am – 11:30 pm
Session 3: Practical Tips for how to get the best out of the Raw foods. Learn how Exercise, Yoga, Stretching, Pranayama (Breathing techniques) can be helpful for optimal digestion and assimilation and help your body adapt to raw foods gradually. Take home recipes.
Optional Saturday Activities
Guided Nature Walk
1:30-2:30pm or 3-4pm
2-3pm, 3-4pm or 4-5pm
639 Whispering Hills Rd, Boone, NC 28607
Discover deep rest and rejuvenation in a pristine natural setting in Boone, North Carolina. Set amidst 380 acres of pristine forest, high up in the Blue Ridge Mountains is a tranquil sanctuary. The perfect place to begin your journey to wellness. *NOTE* Please avoid using GPS—it will take you up a private road to a locked gate. Use directions provided on this site.
For room reservations, spa retreats, and Art of Living Retreat Center (AOLRC) signature retreats, we have the following cancellation policy:
- Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
- Nonrefundable credit toward a future AOLRC program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any AOLRC program or stay for one year following date of issue.
- No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day, if you do not show up, or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content. AOLRC reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If AOLRC cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions. For all other retreats, please be sure to check the registration page specific to that retreat.
To encourage a healthy environment we ask that guest to not consume alcohol or meat in our public spaces, however, guests may enjoy these items in their rooms.
Our property is always smoke-free.
Yes, we ask that guests with food allergies simply inform us so we can communicate those needs to our chef. Typically, we label potential allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts.