Vegan ‘Cream of Broccoli’ Soup
Spring is all about beautiful green vegetables, and the nutty, rich flavor of broccoli makes for a perfectly invigorating meal. Broccoli is chock full of beta-carotene, selenium, and zinc, which makes it a powerful immune system booster that helps protect the body against springtime illnesses. This broccoli soup is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes. It’s a creamy, indulgent, and healthy comfort food that requires very little prep time. To make matters even better, it’s gluten-free and dairy-free! Overall, this soup is a treat for your taste buds and a gift to your body.
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2-3 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Total Time: 20 minutes
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add the broccoli and sprinkle with 1 tsp salt. Saute for two minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and boil about ten minutes – until broccoli is completely cooked.
- Add black pepper, basil, and cashew butter. Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Add lemon juice and serve.
Enjoy your creamy, delicious, vegan cream of broccoli soup!
Want to learn more about the kind of retreats the Art of Living Retreat Center offers? Check out our calendar, or feel free to give us a call at 800-392-6870. We’re looking forward to chatting with you!